HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, How Pinteresting | House Hunters

You can probably tell by the title that House Hunters is one of my favorite shows and, I admit, I’ve been watching it lately which is what inspired what I’m about to share with you. I normally end up yelling at the people on the screen. “Pick house #2! Come on! You have to! #2, #2!!!!” They always go with #3. You know, the “charming detached with a view.” So, after seeing how specific all my pins were this week, I decided to share with you what my “qualifications” will be when I’m on House Hunters ;) I’m linking up with The Vintage Apple, as always!

Let us start off with the randoms. We’ll call these the “charming detached” homes

Pinned Image

{via}


Pinned Image{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

{via}

Charming, yes? A house has got to have personality in order for me to move in! As you can see with the above houses, I like asymmetrical everything which eliminates most cookie-cutter homes for this girl. I’ve found two main styles that really catch my eye {and heart}

First, we have the beach cottages

Pinned Image

 

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

That last one is definitely one of my favorite houses ever. I’ll move in tomorrow. I love the soft colors, the beautiful shutters, the roof, and the palms of course :) I think what I love about it the most is that it’s a mixture of a beach cottage with my other favorite style of architecture:

Mediterranean Homes

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Pinned Image

{via}

Mmm, there’s just something about a tile roof with stucco mixed with a little stone. Reason number 5,427 why I love California so much but that’s a whole other story!

Now, unlike House Hunters, we don’t have the chance to see the inside of each of these homes :( I see a theme of posts coming in the future: Chelsea’s dream living room, kitchen, master suite, etc. Fun, fun!!

However, if I could choose from any of these, I’m really leaning towards the “cute beach cottage with the shutters” :)

--

I’m also linking up with Jamie again for What I’m Loving Wednesday!

I’m loving writing by hand. Just for fun. It’s always been a favorite of mine.

I’m loving Pinterest again. We are no longer on a break.

I’m loving dreaming about places I’ve been. Like Venice, Italy.

Pinned Image

{via}

I’m loving the latest addition to my Essie collection: “Merino Cool” although I haven’t even worn it yet

Pinned Image

{via}

I’m loving wedding cakes and, well, all things wedding-related. I’m an event planner, after all!

Pinned Image

{via}

But, most importantly, I’m just loving this life. I love each day – each memory that’s created, each lesson that’s learned, each page that’s turned.

27 comments:

C Mae said...

Those are some gorgeous houses, but Im probably the only one who looks at those pics and thinks man I bet those houses are A TON of work to maintain and keep up!!

Katie said...

I would take any of those med. houses in an instant. GORGEOUS. I like your pick, too.

Pinterest and I were on a break as well but then yesterday we reconnected. I went a lil overboard haha have a good day dear!!

Nicole said...

I have never seen a cake like that.
how awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think I fell in love with the first house. it is just so perfect!!

Lauren said...

Love those houses! Honestly I'm a sucker for houses that have big front porches - especially wrap around ones. I just imagine generations of children running around them and swinging time away on a big porch swing. Ahhhh, one day.

Liz Taylor said...

You legit posted the cutest pin's today. I swear Pintrest makes me want to get knee deep in depth with all their ideas... it's like I want to improve everything in my life :l

Lindsey said...

Those beach cottages make me want to be on a beach now, not in rainy Texas. LOVEEEEEEEEE the mediterranean homes. TO DIE! My favorite of the bunch hands down. You better show us how the polish looks on, I am liking the color from the pic. Anddd last but not least, I have been Pinterest MIA lately and I'm dieing to go back. Only because I've been so busy have I been MIA, but I need some decoration inspiration. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on it in the coming months. Especially looking for Holiday decor ideas!

Have a good day! XOXO

Leslie said...

Looove these houses!! Especially all the ones with wrap around porches. I WILL have one, one day :)

KAH said...

Love that Essie color! I have on Smokin' Hot right now and pretty much adore it.

I'll take any one of those beach houses please!

~KAH

Kit said...

OMG those are some amazing houses!

ashlyn | nicole said...

such beautiful houses chels! a girl can def keep these on her wish list! i hope one day that I will be able to own a beach house :] such a perfect getaway place!

hope you have a great day!

Katie said...

Oh those beach cottages and the christmas one: when can i move in?
I love looking at houses and to imagine living in them!

Lia Joy said...

Wow! Beautiful homes! I love watching House Hunters too!! And I tend to find myself yelling at the TV too!

And I adore those homes with the wrap around porches!! That is my dream :)

jessica said...

first of all, i'm a new follower :)

and i also LOVE looking at houses. i watch house hunters with my mom, every now and then.
i love the very first detached home..cute and simple. and the third beach cottage. love the porches.

and that cake is absolutely beautiful
great loves!

Britt said...

Um...so I totally think we are the same person. First our undying love for Mr. Gosling and now we have the same taste in future homes. You should move to LA. I will take the Mediterranean home and you get the beach cottage. We can trade on weekend:)

Deidre said...

Loved most of these! And the cape cod style beach houses always steal my heart! What can I say, I love shingles.

Unknown said...

Love all the homes! Just stopping by from WILW to say hello. Have a great week!

Mama’s Minute said...

They are all so pretty, but if I had to choose it would be the second beach cottage! I would love to decorate one up for sure!

Anna said...

Love them ALL! I Spend SOOOO much time at work on Pinterest drooling over houses. It's sad.

And I tried to follow but the friend connect widget isn't loading (Shocker) =(

Unknown said...

Love your pins, you have great taste in homes. Number 2 is definitely the most my style, I'm totally in love with it!

lori said...

stopping by from wilw... those homes are all gorgeous!! i would definitely take any of them! and that is a gorgeous wedding cake!

Raquel said...

Ohhhhh my lord those houses are all AMAZING!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

oo love a good beach cottage. And wrap around porches!

Drummer and Band said...

hi..its a very nice share, regards from indonesia. please come to my site.

Ashley said...

Just started following you. Love your blog. House hunters is an everyday watch for me too! I too, find myself yelling at the people on the show telling them which house to pick. I love this post and I'm definitely a beach cottage kind of girl. Living in San Diego is wonderful, but living by the beach is a dream!

Ashley
bradandashleycollins.blogspot.com

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

The cake is just stunning! Great pins!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

Oooh, I love the Beach Cottages! Great pinning :)