HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Journey Forward {1}

First of all, I'm so BEYOND excited to start this journey! I'm thrilled not only to document my own progress and be able to look back on it later, but to read about your journeys as well!

This is the first week of Journey Forward – a link up I have created to get us writing, thinking, and making the change toward a goal we have chosen for this year. After reading about My One Word, I decided to make the commitment for 2012 to focus my energy toward one word. Each week I’m coming up with a new question, challenge, or exercise to get us thinking and writing about our word/goal!


 As I’ve said before, my word this year is “become.” Each day, "become" grows more and more important to me.
The first challenge for Journey Forward was to define our word through the dictionary and through our own words.

 Become_Butterfly

According to Merriam-Webster, “become” means:

To come into existence
To undergo change or development

I think both of those definitions perfectly explain what it means to become. "Become" is really a pretty simple word with a simple meaning when you think about it.
To me, "become" means to transition; transform; develop into something greater than before. I think of the caterpillar during its transformation into the beautiful butterfly.
I think "become" is a process that takes time. The amount of time can depend on the situation, however, truly becoming is not something that can be done overnight or at the snap of a finger.
”Become” is the process of truly being.

--

Challenge for next week:

Create a Journey Forward pinboard on Pinterest. On this pinboard, pin anything that reminds you, inspires you, or motivates you to keep moving toward your word. It can be pictures that make you happy, quotes that keep you going, anything related to your journey forward!
In your post next week, share the link to your pinboard so that we can all follow each other's boards and spread the love on Pinterest. Then, share a few of your pins! {Just not ALL of them - I have some future challenges we'll need to save those for!}

If you need an invite to Pinterest, just leave a comment below and give me your email address :)

I’ll be keeping this link-up open until next Wednesday night. Now, let the linking up begin!

15 comments:

Kori said...

Love this! Good luck with all your endeavors honey! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Unpublished Life said...

Hi there Chelsea! I'm all linked-up.

What a great idea! Cannot wait to see what lies ahead:)

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

oh girl I've missed you and your posts! Glad your taking steps forward with your word. Knew you would! xoxo

Lauren said...

Love this and the next step of the Pinterest board. It totally helped me with my post this week even!

Denise said...

What an awesome idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

I love this! I'm really looking forward to participating.

Kate said...

I'm having so much fun checking back to see everyone who links up! Thank you so much for organizing this and thinking up the prompts. This is awesome and I can't wait for next week!

Emily said...

Fingers crossed this will inspire me to keep on top of my goals for 2012. I am not sure if I took the one word challenge correctly - but I am a rule breaker! However - I am excited to participate in this challenge.

Amanda C. said...

this is an awesome idea. Now I have to think about my word.

Raquel said...

Love love LOVE this link up Chelsea! I'm still thinking about my word! I want to pick something that fits me perfectly :)

Katie Price said...

Wow, thank you for this beautiful Challenge, Chelsea.

Whit said...

I found you via Torie's blog {Lattes and Love}. Excited for this great challenge and to be following all your other cute posts! :)

Hollie Ann said...

is it too late for me on this??? i wanted to do it but have been bad at visiting blogs this month and kinda dropped the ball.

Hollie Ann said...

ps-your word is inspiring! it's the perfect word for your transition time right now in your life. you seem to be very aware and clear minded with your life right now based on the word you chose! props :)

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

I'm so excited to finally have my first post finished for this project. Sorry I was late (away on vacation), but I'm linked up now :)

Good luck to everyone!