HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jewels of Remembrance

I’ve been doing a lot of writing on here lately which, honestly, is what I need and prefer. However, I figured I’d break things up just a little today.

The past week and a half or so, I have spent a good deal of time searching Etsy for the perfect piece of jewelry. If you know me, you know I love my jewelry.
Well, I want to buy a meaningful piece to remember my Mom with. I wear an infinity necklace that she gave me once I moved back to the East Coast this Summer so, I was thinking a bracelet would be perfect. That way, whenever I was thinking of her and needed to feel her close, I could just look down at my bracelet.

Here are some of the pieces I was looking at. Some of them are necklaces but if I end up going with one of those choices either the shop owner will help me turn it into a bracelet, or, I’ll just make something similar of my own!

2 Hearts Mother's Charm Bracelet - copper
[Tiny Mishaps on Etsy]

14kt Gold Filled - Angel Wing Jewelry
[Daisy Metal Creations on Etsy]

Always handstamped cuff bracelet with angel wing charm and swarovski crystal
[Lola’s Jewels on Etsy]

Personalized angel wing name necklace
[Ella Kate Jewelry on Etsy]

ABSTRACT--Mixed Metal Hand Stamped Bracelet
[Dark Chocolate N Tulips on Etsy]

Brown Chain Wrap Bracelet With Wing Charm
[aVajewelry on Etsy]

I definitely like the idea of a charm with “Mom” on it and either a little phrase or angel wings or something of the sort.

I’ll keep searching. I can’t wait to one day be wearing something in remembrance of her :)

16 comments:

Kristina said...

These are all so very pretty. The angel wing is so beautiful. Its such a nice reminder that your mom is always with you.

Young and Fabulous said...

i love this idea Chelsea :-) always having her with you!

i absolutely love the cuff bracelet with the angel wing charm, and then the brown chain wrap with wing! but they are ALL beautiful and will all have a special meaning no matter which one you choose :-)

xoxoxo

JMB said...

Great idea and a great way for you to use this as therapy to help you in different ways! :) If you are looking for suggestions then I am in love with the very last one....would look really pretty with alot and go with alot...it's also subtle...anyway, that's my favorite :) Can't wait to see which one you choose! xoxo

Alex Byer said...

This is such a great idea Chelsea! I especially love the last one. It's hip and chunky, but still has a delicate flair to it :)

Kristen said...

they're all beautiful, any piece you choose will be perfect

Amanda C. said...

I like the fourth one. I did something similar for my mom. I would just worry about the gold colored pieces turning.

Carolyn said...

Such a wonderful idea! :) I like the necklace with the wing and her name. If they could make a bracelet like that, it would be so cute!!! Plus, she's your angel, so the wing is perfect!

Lauren said...

I really love the last one because it's so unique... If I were doing something similar I would choose that one and add a charm or two to the angel wing to make it really yours. I'm sure you'll find something perfect, and when you do you'll just know - it will speak to you!

Ashley said...

So sweet. These are all great pieces! They'd be perfect for you to wear for your Mom. Still thinking of you!

TLF said...

I'm loving the necklaces..
They are precious!

Raquel said...

This is such a great idea! They're all gorgeous pieces. A charm one with mom on it and a special quote would be so beautiful :)

Call it Adventure said...

Aww, I hope you find the perfect piece. :) A physical reminder like that can be so, SO important and can really help.

Erin said...

These are all so beautiful---I hope you are able to find something that will help you remember your mom. I really like the one with the angel wings.

J and A said...

This is such a great idea. :) Something you could wear all the time as a reminder.

Kelsey said...

Anyone that you choose will be perfect and hold so much meaning but I love the third one!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I love all of these pieces....such a beautiful reminder of your amazing mom.