HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, March 23, 2012

Letters on Friday

Dear Self,
Keep going. Don't let anyone talk you down or out of your dreams. You know what you want. You might not know every step of the way just yet, but you know how to start. Take the leap. You'll learn to fly.

Dear DC Weather,
I don't even mind the clouds the past few days. These warmer temperatures have allowed me to feel comfortable in short sleeves and sandals. The breeze on my face when I walk out of work is warm and refreshing. Please stay.

Sandals

Dear Stella,
I don't know why you're barely eating your food. I don't know why you do a lot of things, like how you find the newspapers and suddenly they are your new favorite bed. But, I hope you're okay. I hope this is just you acting like a stubborn teenager because I put you on a diet...

Dear Readers,
I don’t know what I’d do without you. This community is beyond what I ever expected it to be. It’s one of the biggest, most loving and compassionate support networks I could have asked for. You guys make me smile, laugh, tear up, think, and I can’t thank you enough!

Dear Traffic,
I don’t know where you came from but please go back. Even though my office is far away, I was enjoying not having to sit in stop-and-go traffic until this week happened. Now I have to sit behind 20 cars just to get off the road my office is on! Not cool, traffic. Not cool.

Traffic

Dear Mom,
You've been gone a month and nothing is the same. I hope you're doing well [I know you are] and I just want you to know how much I miss you. I miss your voice, I miss your hugs, I miss all your words of wisdom. I still need you so feel free to make yourself known some time. I'll keep myself open to it.

Dear UDA Nationals,
You make me really happy. You truly do. Being able to watch the recap every year on ESPN takes me back to my dancin' days. I hope I can re-ignite a passion for something now like the passion I had back then!

Dear Positive Vibes,
Keep coming my way! I've opened up plenty of room in my life for you and welcome you with open arms :)

Pretty excited to be linking up with Ashley for this series! I remember reading her Friday’s Letters when I first found her blog way back when and they always warmed my heart :)

Photobucket

15 comments:

Katie said...

I loved your letters girly. I've been loving the weather too. I hope you have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I love your letters! This is a great post. I do hate traffic though. My family lives in Nashville and it's terrible.
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

Ashley Slater said...

I love your letters because they are so sincere and genuine and really meaningful. I love your positive attitude and great outlook! I hope your momma is having a fantastic time in heaven. I always imagine that the people like my grandpa who passed away a few years ago is there and somehow they have met each other and are talking about out crazy blogging and how it brings certain people into each others lives! I mean, you never know! :) That makes me happy to think about though! Also, I will send good-traffic vibes your way even though I don't think LA has ANY good traffic vibes to send over! :/

xo,
ashley

Lauren said...

Loved all these!!

And I hope the traffic does ease... I know around here I look forward to summer every year because it cuts at least 20 minutes off my commute. Here's hoping it's the same for you and not the opposite!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

Sending happy thoughts your way today :) I am sure your mom is wishing more than anything she could be with you right now. At least she is in a much better place than this crazy world! I know that still doesn't make things easier though. Have a great day Chelsea! P.S. I love that your pet's name is Stella (even though it's a cat instead of a dog haha)!! Please tell me you watch Modern Family??

Anonymous said...

Your sandals are just adorable! I'm glad the warm weather is gracing your area too, let's hope it stays around. Keep your chin up, buttercup! =D

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love that positive energy!! Hopping over from Friday Letters :) Looking forward to following your blog! Happy Friday to you!

Sheri said...

These are great letters. : )
I hope the weather stays and the traffic goes away for you!
Have a great weekend!
xo

The Sweet Life said...

Isn't sandal weather the bomb dot com....AHh I just love it!! Happy Friday!!

Unknown said...

The letters were great. Your blog definitely has made me want to post more positive, uplifting and inspiring content. I really love following!

Unknown said...

And I'm loving this sandal weather too!

Alex Byer said...

Dear Chelsea, you're pretty awesome yourself. Stay that way :) Love, Alex

Julie Marie said...

yes, the weather has been phenomenal hasnt it..im from the midwest and have been loving it,but i know March is laughing at us all... saying "haha, gotcha!" =)

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

Such a great idea - I love your positive vibes letter :)

Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

perfect post! your positive attitude is so inspiring. and exactly - dont let anyone squash your dreams - you can do anything!!