HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wedding Wednesday | Cool Cakes

It's time for a Wedding Wednesday post that I've been saving up for. There are certain wedding categories that I've found myself pinning on Pinterest more than others. Wedding dresses, table decor, bouquets, and... cakes! I am so amazed at what cake designers can do these days. 

I admit, designing [and tasting of course] was one of my favorite parts of planning my wedding. It was just so cool to see your visions and ideas be drawn into a masterpiece by the cake designer! For Wedding Wednesday today, I wanted to share some totally fun and unique cakes that really just blew me out of this world!

by charm city cakes.

Chevron detail cake

I love gold cakes.

Love the cute little color scheme

Wedding cake from The Pastry Garden ~ thepastrygarden.com ~ Photography by charlottejenkslewis.com

Blue ombre cake

This is cute!!!


Vintage romance (by Nadine’s Cakes)

#Moroccan inspired #cake

1. Lots of different bright colors with some gold and chevron by Charm City Cakes
2. A simple, feminine and delicate cake by Three Little Black Birds
3. A rich, gold cake by City Sweets & Confections that costs $16 per slice!
4. Perfect peach cake by Lael Cakes
5. Birdcage cake by The Pastry Garden
6. Beautiful aqua ombre cake with ruffles by Wild Orchid Baking
7. Grey and canary yellow polka-dot/chevron cake by One Sweet Slice
8. A sequined cake by Sweet Element. I have officially seen it all
9. A romantic vintage cake with faux pearls and pretty gold trim by Cakes by Nadine
10. Moroccan-inspired cake by Love Street Cakes

As I mentioned in this post, turquoise, teal, and aqua might as well be the only colors I can see which is fairly evident after looking back at the cakes that I chose. Oops?

Regardless, I am in love with all of these cakes. If you're a not-super-traditional bride like me, I think you should go ahead and have fun with your cake! Spend time flipping through idea books [or Pinterest] and toss some ideas back and forth with your designer. I guarantee you they'd love to try something new!

So, tell me, which cake would you pick for your wedding? Or are you one of those super traditional brides? ;)

Come follow me on Pinterest for more fun wedding ideas!
Also, remember that tomorrow is the final day to enter the $50 Shabby Apple gift card giveaway! Enter here!

8 comments:

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

Oh my gosh! Cakes 1, 2, 4 and 7 are amazing! I would hate to eat them though, they're so pretty!

Lyzz said...

Oh I love the second one and the yellow and grey one!

Katrin said...

I am so in love with the birdcage cake! But they are all adorable!
Katrin

JMB said...

I love the blue ombre cake {with the ruffles} Of course I do haha it's blue. Anyway, those are too pretty to eat!!

Lauren said...

These are so beautiful! I especially love #2 :)

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

These are so cool! It absolutely amazes me at what bakers can do with cakes! It truly is an idea brought to life!

TLF said...

I am in owe, those are amazing! The ruffle ones are my favorites.. so delicate!

Brianna said...

That first cake is AMAZING!! I pinned it too (probably from you haha) All those colors are incredible!!