HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review | Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki

Yesterday was officially the busiest "traffic" day on my blog. Not because of yesterday's Wedding Wednesday post but because of... you guessed it, my Christian Grey post. I have been getting some great comments about everyone's casting ideas. Keep them coming!

Today I wanted to share with you one of my most-recently discovered FAVORITE products!
First, let me introduce you to Sigma Beauty. Some of you have probably already heard of them. They are an affordable makeup company specializing in makeup brushes and accessories. I have been hearing wonderful things about them for the past year or so and kept telling myself to order some new brushes. Finally, I did :)



I ordered three brushes that I can't even tell you how excited I was to get! Here's what I got:


Today my review will be on the first brush [and perhaps THE greatest brush I've ever used] the F84 Angled Kabuki Brush!


Ah, yes! Beautiful, isn't it? Well, it goes beyond just looks - let me tell you! When I received the brush, I glided my fingers along the bristles and they were as SOFT as can be! So soft, so smooth. It took a lot for me to wait until the morning to apply my make-up. Otherwise, I would have just gone and used the brush right then!

First of all, let me tell you that before I was introduced to the world of Sigma, I had been using brushes from Sonia Kashuk and e.l.f.
I was happy with them and loved the affordable price tag. BUT, I wasn't IN LOVE.

Here is the e.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush which I used to apply my liquid foundation [on the left] alongside the Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki Brush used to do the same thing [on the right]
*Please note, these brushes have not been cleaned in the picture because, let's be real, our brushes are rarely perfectly clean ;)



Now, looking at the brushes, I'm sure you can see the difference. The Sigma brush is much more full and plush than the e.l.f. brush. It is glorious! When buffing the liquid foundation into my skin, the bristles were so gentle and soft that I almost didn't even want to stop! :)

The best part - I noticed a considerable difference in how my make-up stayed on throughout the day. Not only did I feel like my foundation lasted even LONGER but it left my skin looking more flawless and kept the natural oils that produce over the day at bay. I did not change any other part of my regular make-up routine other than the use of these brushes.

I cannot say enough good things about the F84 Angled Kabuki. I'm so glad I went with the angled brush because it just feels natural when buffing the product into your skin versus the flat stipple brush.

Do yourself a favor and order this brush! You can get it for only $16 which trumps many of the brushes out there today! AND, if you're like me and order $30 worth of products, they'll send ya a free gift :) Click the link below to start shopping! Let me know what you get!




Do you use any Sigma products? Which do you love most?

4 comments:

Nobody said...

Thanks for the heads up! I, too, am not IN LOVE with the e.l.f stipple brush. I have to ask - do you actually buff with the kabuki or stipple?! 'Cause I like to stipple and I am wondering how well this brush works for that use?!? I am checking the website now! :)

Shannon said...

I have been stalking the Sigma website for weeks, trying to talk myself into going ahead any buying some brushes. I have the ELF stipple brush and actually felt like it irriated my skin while applying - OUCH! I stopped using it that same day and went back to powder foundation.

I am definitely going to reconsider liquid foundation with a GOOD sigma brush! :) Thanks for the recs!

Kristen said...

i need new brushes so badly, i've wanted some sigma brushes for-evah!!

Leslie said...

That is so funny...the busiest traffic days on my blog have been the 2 or 3 posts on 50 Shades of Grey too! haha! :)