HomeAboutContactSponsor

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Little Lady

As I was looking through old pictures this weekend, searching for pictures of Missy, I stumbled upon some oldies but goodies. Some that made me all sentimental and reminiscent and some that cracked me up hysterically.

The below picture was one of my mom's favorites. I seriously owe so much of what I know to that wonderful woman. And whenever I think about being a lady, I think of this picture. 


Sure, you see the floral jumper that I'm wearing, the pink, the frilly lace socks [you know you had them too.] And of course, you see the jellies on my little, crossed legs.

But to me, being a lady is about poise and purpose. It's about being strong. Determined. Knowledgeable. Loving. Hard-working. Respectful. 

Today, I'll be waking up at the crack of dawn to cast my vote in my third Presidential Election. I've chosen to take the route of not posting my political beliefs across social media. To me, it's a very personal and private decision. And this post has nothing to do with which candidate I will be voting for.

It's just a post expressing my gratitude and excitement about voting on Election Day. There were so many strong, determined, and knowledgeable women who fought and sacrificed so much to help us gain the right to vote back in 1920. So, if a male decides to send me a rather rude and un-called for message in response [which may or may not have happened] I'll just cross my jellies again and smile :)

Here's to the United States of America. To our rights and freedoms. To loving and respecting our fellow Americans. To growing from little girls to voting women :)

5 comments:

Lauren Nicole said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Being strong, determined, and independent are great qualities to possess, and I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

And you look adorbs in that jumper! Pretty sure I had it. Oshkosh??

Holly said...

Well said, my friend. Per the usual ;) xoxo

And you are such the lady - jellies and all!

Carolyn said...

OMG! That picture is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss jellies! Such a great post!

Katie Did What said...

Chelsea, I love this!!! That photo is too cute, with your little crossed jellies, and I adore what you said. Go, girl. :)

xo