HomeAboutContactSponsor

Monday, April 29, 2013

My First West Coast Event

Whew, what a weekend! This past week leading up to my event on Saturday was a whirlwind. I was a stress mess Friday evening and found myself getting frustrated by even the smallest little details, as I tend to do while coordinating events.

Saturday arrived before I could blink and the weather ended up being gorgeous! Time was ticking away before the start of the event for the surf shop I work for. Now, I don't normally blog about work-related things but I love what I do and it has quickly become a huge part of who I am. This event was the shop's "re-grand" opening and we had very high hopes for it so I was quite nervous in the hours leading up to the start.


The sun was shining and people were up and down the streets near the shop. We teamed up with a local animal rescue organization and the pups they brought were absolutely adorable. They certainly got a lot of attention :)


We had nearly 100 cupcakes that we personally baked and iced, as well as lots of cocktails, awesome live music, a fashion show, and some fun raffles! I was so happy to see people enjoying themselves in the California sunshine, while browsing our new merchandise and going for seconds on the signature cocktails :)



I was even more excited when sweet Ashley [House of Glass] and her husband showed up and we ran to each other and hugged like they do in the movies. I can't even tell you how wonderful it feels to have "met" a blogger while living on the other side of the country, then meet in real life, then have them come support you for your first big event on the West Coast. We have plans for another meet-up again soon which I am already ecstatic about. Go say "hi" to Ash if you haven't already. Her blog exudes the most positive, fun, genuine vibes and I must say, she [and her sweet husband] are just as real and AWESOME in real life. Seriously. They are THE best!


I was so happy at the end of the event. Deep down, I know that the stressful moments do pass. And while we're going through them, we're being refined. But being able to look back at the stress and the sleepless nights and early mornings once your event is over, it makes it all kind of bittersweet. And it is all worth it in the end. The event was a success, more so than I could have asked, AND I got to be there with wonderful people in a beautiful place during it.

Now for the inspiration behind this weekend:

"Either work hard or you might as well quit."
- MC Hammer ["U Can't Touch This"]

4 comments:

Ash said...

you are so sweet, chels! we had a BLAST! seriously.... then i fell into the ocean later, because too much fun was had (;

aaaahhhhh can't wait to see you again! it can't come soon enough!!!!

Raquel said...

Looks like such a fun event!! Wish I could of been there!

Miss you <3

Chelsea said...

congrats!!! Looks like it turned out great! Your outfit is so cute! :)

Brianna said...

Yay!! So glad it went well for you and you're loving it!!! You're already a full blown California girl (: (: