HomeAboutContactSponsor

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Re-finding Balance

My life felt so out of balance last week. I knew a lot of it had to do with the frustrations leading up to an event I was responsible for.

One month ago, I was trying tons of new recipes, was in the best shape I've been in all my life, was constantly coming up with new jewelry designs, was busy meeting up with friends, and was seeing a pretty awesome guy. Then, enter the month of April. It was a crazy one and little by little, my thoughts and energy toward each of those things above started trickling away as my thoughts and energy toward this business started growing.

My life took the back burner as I put everything I had into this event and what needed to happen for the company. I love what I do but quickly felt the negative effects of losing the balance in my life. And I knew I needed to get that balance back or else everything was going to fall apart.

The event ended Saturday evening and since then, I have been able to do things that I was missing out on over the past month (which is my own fault.) I'm not sick anymore, I have groceries in my fridge, I sleep like a champ, I'm running again, and I enjoy the smell of the flowers in front of me as I write this from Balboa Park. I come here to think. To breathe. To center myself. I came here maybe once in the past month and in the past two days, I've been here twice.




Life WILL get out of balance when we let it. Our health, our fitness, our joy... We will even lose sight of what we truly want. And then one day, we wake up and say, "Today, I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting back into my routine." And as soon as we do that, we feel that balance again. We feel refreshed. We feel like we can conquer anything.

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I hate it when my routine gets thrown out of balance and I feel like this. But honestly I've felt like this for months. I want my balance back!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Sometimes... ok, a lot of times, routine is key! I can't stand when something throws off my routine during the week. I'm beyond excited for all of the wedding stuff & new house BUT, it does not fit in my "routine" very well! HA! It takes time to figure out the balance of everything, you'll get there! Glad you are doing well sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Love this. It sounds like you are doing amazing... You're so inspiring :)

Ashley said...

I'm going through this, too. The past two months felt really out of balance for me and I'm determined to not let this one be the same. I let a lot of things slip that I absolutely hated myself for, but I've decided instead of beating myself up over it, I'll just make more of an effort to not do it again.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone :)