HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Oh, June. Such A Month Full of Change.

June always seems to be a big month for me. At least between last year and this year it sure has been. Maybe it has something to do with my mom's birthday. June 24th. Maybe it subconsciously symbolizes re-birth to me; a celebration of a new year, new changes, new goals, halfway through the year.

Last year in June, I bought my first-ever brand new car.



That car is now on the opposite coast, with California plates, a few scratches and dings, and several thousand more miles. But it's mine and I still love it just as much as I did on that day above.

Last year, June was also the month that I decided to get back into acting.


It re-awakened my passion and helped me grow in something I loved to do so much. It reminded me how important it is to always grow yourself. There is always something else to learn; something to become better and better at. Never limit yourself.

This year, June was a huge month. Not only for my jewelry line, After Sunset, with my first-ever showcase but... for my life purpose. I knew I was supposed to move to San Diego and I made that happen back in December. But something finally sparked - [let me re-word that] - it had been sparking for a while, but now it finally ignited for good. My purpose. I had a couple more of those "fall nine times, get up ten" incidents that have been known to happen to me and finally, I woke up. No more slacking. No more self-doubting.  No more starting something and not finishing it. I've made a really important decision moving forward in my life, regarding my life purpose. And starting in July, my focus will be on that decision.

Stay tuned... :)

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

So proud of you and your journey! I love seeing all your Cali pics too! Makes me jealous that I don't have the guts to run away there.

Chelsea said...

Haven't been following that long, but can already see that you've made it so far! Mentally and physically. Can't wait to see what's to come :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

We are car twins! It's amazing how fast a year goes by.

Nats ~Coral Tinted Perceptions said...

This sounds very exciting! I'm really glad you are feeling more confident in your purpose.

Other than your alter ego winning over the weekend, did you mange to keep to your goals for June?

I have been pre-planning my posts and reflecting/reading before bed - some success...

x Natalie

http://coraltintedperceptions.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you're a proud car owner! Even with a few scratches, you still love it like it's brand new. I guess, there's really something special about our 'firsts' that makes them irreplaceable.

-Lexus of Lansing