HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Check That Off The Bucket List: Dane Cook

Do you have a bucket list? A bucket list that really means something to you? I do. And for some reason [okay, I know what the reason is] I've been checking more and more items off my list. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world.

When we're younger, we start our bucket list. And our bucket list items are most likely a bit cliche. Like, "Marry Nick Carter." But as we mature, we add items to our list that really mean something to us. Or they're something totally, completely out there that we just HAVE to do. Some are more serious and others are just off the wall. Either way, I love my bucket list and I am so absolutely pumped to see how so many of my items are coming into actual existence.

Since I've taken this blog of mine down the "here's what I'm learning about life as I go" path instead of the "here's what I'm doing every weekend" path, I've realized that I have been leaving some fun stuff out. Oh, like that time I went to Palm Springs for the first time? [Bucket list!] I should probably start with that bucket list item but since something so exciting just happened yesterday morning, I'm going to just let you in on another fun item I'll be checking off soon:

✔ See my favorite comedian live!

Bam. It's happening. In September, I'll be face to face with Dane Cook during his UnderOath Tour! Thanks to good ole Dane, I found out the password for the pre-sale tickets and scored some killer seats for the show two days before they officially went on sale! I am thrilled. If you know me, you know how much I have loved Dane for years. No matter how many times I watch his skits, it just seems to get even more hilarious. Not to mention, I quote him/reference his stand-up in everyday conversation. 

Here is the skit I've been referencing the most lately! Dane likes his swear words, so let this be your warning ;)

Is that not the truth? Man, he's good. Dane just gets me. He gets my sense of humor, that man. I love how physical and animated he gets on stage too. Marching around. Listen, some people like Will Ferrell one-liners. Me? I live for Dane Cook one-liners. Hang out with me for a while and you're bound to hear one. There may or may not even be titles of my Pinterest boards named after some of his lines...

Okay so, where are my fellow criers? I'm a crier. I cry during The Bachelorette. I cry during every single ASPCA commercial. I cry reading The Daily Love. If you're like me, you'll probably like this skit... on crying.

I'll just let you guess how many times I watched/listened to these skits yesterday. And, yes, I just wrote an entire blog post about Dane Cook. So if that doesn't tell you how much I look forward to checking this item off my bucket list, I don't know what will.

Who is your favorite comedian?

"You don't even know."

6 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

That will be so fun! I've checked two big things off my Bucket List this year - see Luke Bryan and go skydiving!

Chelsea said...

hahahahaha I'm jealous! I love Dane Cook, could watch his skits all day long. Hope you enjoy it :)

Jenn @ Lost in the Right Direction said...

I love bucket lists! I have one as well that I write about occasionally. And that is awesome that you get to see your favorite comedian!

Sweet Love and Ginger said...

Oh man I spent many a highschool night nearly peeing myself while watching dane cook, and way too much junk food.
I'm so jealous!

Cody Doll said...

He is my favorite. I have watched a few others but he is the best!!

JBean said...

I saw his Vicious Circle your in Baltimore a few years ago - hilarious! And I love those skits from it you posted. I have watched that HBO special over and over! Love the movie theater bit he does in it.