HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Three Months Away From My Life

Three months to do what ever I'd like. Wow! The things I could do. The people I could see. If I had three months to get away from the life I currently live, I would definitely have to travel. Three months, three continents! Here they are in no particular order.

africa


If you've been around here lately, it's probably no surprise to you that I plan to go to Africa. I don't know when. All I know is that I feel a push to go there. To love the children and families who have nothing and to be inspired and changed forever by their love. Their hearts of gold in such horrible conditions. I know without a doubt that it will be one of the most humbling experiences of my life. While I'm there, it'd be wonderful to experience and see the wildlife in their own, true habitat, although, I don't want to impose on them so the idea of a safari isn't the route I will take. I'll keep you updated on that...

Africa inspires me so much, even this far away. I look forward to the day when the emotions of my surroundings there will fill me. If you haven't already watched one of my favorite YouTube videos ever, about joyful, jubilant children in an orphanage and their beautiful song, please head over to watch it!

australia




Australia has always been on my list. Mainly because I have family there which means there is no excuse for me not going to visit one day. Maybe on my honeymoon? I'd visit my family in the Brisbane area and explore the beautiful Gold Coast. Then, I'd head down to Victoria where I'd spend some time in Melbourne and then off to Bells Beach I'd go to watch some epic surf! Have you heard my Australian accent yet? It's pretty awesome :)

scandinavia


I remember my mom's dream of going to see the beautiful people of Scandinavia. From an early age, I dreamt of that area of our Earth and what it'd be like to experience those cultures. I've been to several countries in Europe and Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, and Finland are next on the list! How romantic! Maybe I'll go here on my future honeymoon instead? I can hear the echo of my heels on the cobblestone on a brisk, Fall evening. Swoon!

I'd spend about a month or so on each different continent, getting to know the culture, the people, the food, the stories, the sights. I'd soak it all up. Let it sink in. It'd be life-changing! And to me, that's what life is all about. Stepping outside of your comfort zone. Connecting with strangers through love. Seeing all that is out there to be seen.

Have you visited any of these places? What would you do in your three months away?

Sources:
One | Two | Three | Four



8 comments:

Jenn @ Lost in the Right Direction said...

I said the same thing. Travel. It makes such a huge difference in our lives and really gives us perspective.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful, especially the one of Scandinavia. I think I would pick, Rome, Germany, and Ireland, Have to compromise for the boyfriend ;)

Grace said...

I think I would go to Africa too. Seeing other peoples pictures, makes me even more eager to go! xx

Allison said...

I like the idea of a continent each month! That'd be a great way to keep it diverse. I've never thought much about visiting Scandinavia, but you've really made it sound appealing!!

The Lady Okie said...

I haven't been to any of those places, but they all sound awesome! I love that first picture of the boy with the glasses! So cute.

Unknown said...

You'd love it in Africa. I live in South Africa and I can't get enough of the place.

Mel
Mel's Corner

Unknown said...

love this! my sister-in-law has spent the last three summers in zambia with Family Legacy Missions. you should definitely check them out!

love this post! so glad i found your blog through the blogtember link up.

happy wednesday!
xo, sarah grace
www.gracefullymadedesigns.com

Anonymous said...

i love this list :) and i welcome you to scandinavia anytime <3<3